Just as its name says in Quechua words, Salkantay is a “Wild or Savage Mountain”, an outstanding snow- capped mountain of 20551 f/6264m worshiped for thousands of years by ancient Peruvians. The trek around this mountain is rated among the best trekking trips in the world because of the exquisite beauty of its natural surroundings that includes different ecological areas from rugged mountain and high desert terrain to the Andean tropical rain forest passing through the Salcantay glacier. The journey is conducted by experienced guides that will make your trip pleasant and safe. Our service includes native “Quechua” porters for your luggage and a delicious meal will be provided during the trip. This Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu 4 days-daily departures is the perfect choice for those travelers looking into really connect with nature and maybe reconnect with themselves!
We strongly recommend spending previous days in Cusco or in the Sacred Valley, to get used to the altitude, before starting the trekking.
Why to choose Culturandes Travel & Adventure for this 4 Days Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu?
Are you ready to explore this Andean paradise in this 4 Days Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu?
We offer you:
- Reliable and top services
- Certified Peruvian tour operator
- Safe transportation according the highest standards
- Excellent camping equipment
- Balanced meals during the trek
- Detailed and personal pre-departure information
- 24 hours support during your trip
- Excellent local official English/Spanish guides who will turn out the star of your trip
We are experts in private and customized tours all around Peru, ask our expert travel advisors to upgrade your experience with additional activities and extensions. Contact us.
PRIVATE VERSUS GROUP SERVICES for this 4 Days Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu.
This is a question we must all ask ourselves before planning a trip. The answer depends a lot on the age, the particular interests of each person but above all on the economy of each passenger. Being in a group of 15/20 people with different interests will probably mean that some of them will want to make shopping without stopping on a souvenir market while others with 10 minutes will have enough, and although there is a schedule for each activity there always exist the person who arrives some minutes late running, causing a loss of your precious vacation time, at the end of the day. Besides, the local official guide of the group will guide in both, English/Spanish languages, will has a strict stipulated itinerary and will be available for the 15/20 people at the same time. The main advantage of this service is the affordable price.
On the other side, with the private services you will have a very accommodate driver (if this is the case) who will make the necessary stops where you indicate and for the time you will considerer convenient in each place and a local official guide who will guide in your own language (when possible, if not just in one language, most of the times English) and who will perfectly know your particular interests to make of your trip a very personal experience, without losing time in places that are not of your interest. The main advantage of a private tour is that you use your vacation time more efficiently, learn more about the country and have all the attention of your guide, no doubt a “must” for the demanding client. If you have 5 or more people in the group, we recommend you take the private services as the price gets very close to that of the group services
We urge you to get in touch with us so we can design your trip to Peru together, probably combining some excursions in private and some in group services. Our team of experienced voyagers knows what it means to plan a trip of a lifetime as well as the investment that implies, therefore, we want everything to go perfect.
Contact our expert travel advisors to upgrade your experience
- Salcantay & Inca trail to Machu Picchu, Active, Archaeological, Nature, Trekking, Lima, Llulluchapampa, Machu Picchu, Paucarcancha, Phuyupatamarca, Sacred Valley, Salcantaypampa, Salkantaypampa, Sisaypampa, Inca trail, Inka trail, Lost City of the Incas, Huayna Picchu, Sun Gate, Salcantay, Salkantay, Sacred City of Machu Picchu, Machupicchu, Matchupitchu, Inca city, inka city, Aguas Calientes, Cusco, Cuzco, Qusco, Cosco, Qosco, Qozco, Qosqo, Macchu Picchu, Inca Empire, Inka Empire. Sacred Valley, Moray, Maras, Maras salt mines, Tarawasi, Mollepata, Challacancha, Soraypampa, Incachiriasca, Pampacahua, Huayllabamba, Huallabamba, Warmiwañusca, Runkurakay, Phuyupatamarca, Llulluchapampa, Inti Punku, Gate of the Sun, Intipunku.