You cannot miss this 1-Day Vilcanota River Rafting adventure! White-water rafting combines the thrill of riding rapids with the chance to reach some spectacular landscapes that simply can’t be visited by other means.
The Urubamba River, one of the main Peruvian rivers is part of the Amazon basin, it measures 536 miles (862 km) long, and is most famous for running through the Urubamba Valley, otherwise known as the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
The Urubamba begins life under a different name: The Vilcanota River, that flows north and passes to the east of the city of Cusco, running by the Sacred Valley until reaching the town of Urubamba where the river is Christened as Urubamba, so basically is the same river that just change the name according the area where it flows. Different sections of the same river, each with its own particular name, are used in different seasons (dry or rainy season) for rafting, and this can be more confusing when adding the difficulty of their local names that seem like tongue twisters, like Chuquicahuana, Quiquijana and Huambutio, so we urge you to contact our expert travel advisors to take the best decision for you according to your rafting skills.
This whitewater rafting in the Vilcanota or upper section of the Urubamba river, is a great option for a full day water adventure, offering different levels of rapids always depending on the section you choose to navigate, the time of the year and the season.
If you want to see the citadel of Machu Picchu and its beautiful landscape, then book your trip in advance. Since, the Peruvian government has imposed a daily limit of visits and tickets tend to sell out quickly. Make sure to buy your tickets in time!
Why to choose Culturandes Travel & Adventure for this Vilcanota River Rafting?
Are you looking for unforgettable memories for this adventure? Culturandes Travel & Adventure want you to have a hassle-free planning and an unforgettable travel experience without any stress and unexpected situations by the hand of its experts travel advisors and knowledgeable local guides providing you:
- Reliable and top services
- Certified Peruvian tour operator
- Safe transportation according the highest standards
- Professional drivers
- Detailed and personal pre-departure information
- 24 hours support during your trip
- Excellent local official English/Spanish guides who will turn out the star of your trip
We are experts in private and customized tours all around Peru, ask our expert travel advisors to upgrade your experience with additional activities and extensions.
Group services versus Private services?
This is a question we all need to ask ourselves when planning a trip. The answer depends largely on the age, the particular interests of each person and, above all, the economy of each passenger. Below, we list the differences between conducting a group service versus a private service. It should be noted that, in either of the two modalities, you will receive top quality care from the entire team of professionals who will make your trip unforgettable
- The driver follows the stops designated by the tour
- Groups can have between 15 and 20 people
- Guidance is simultaneous in English and Spanish for the entire group
- The itinerary has to be strict to fulfill the daily plan
- Guidance is available at the same time for the entire group
- The main advantage of group services is the affordable price
- The driver will make the necessary stops where you indicate
- Of 5 or more people, the private service has a similar price to the group service.
- You own the time you want to have at each stop
- Guidance is in only 1 language and at the passenger’s choice (prior consultation for rare languages)
- The guide will be available only for you and attentive to your requirements
- The travel experience becomes much more personal and deep in knowledge
We urge you to get in touch with us so we can design your trip to Peru together, probably combining some excursions in private and some in group services. Our team of experienced voyagers knows what it means to plan a trip of a lifetime as well as the investment that implies, therefore, we want everything to go perfect.